Jake was going to be coming home from work soon and I wanted to make him cookies, so I just used a fast and simple recipe. Still yummy.
- 8 tablespoons salted butter
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 egg
- 1 1/2 cups flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cups chocolate chips (any size)
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees and grease your baking sheet. Soften the butter in the microwave for about 30-40 seconds.
- Use a stand mixer or hand mixer to cream the butter, white sugar and brown sugar. Add the egg and vanilla and beat until just incorporated. I like to use my stand mixer and for these first steps I like to use the mixer that looks like a whisk.
- Add the flour, baking soda and salt. I switch to the regular mixing part now. Mix until the batter starts coming together. Fold in the chocolate chips. (I used mini ones) Then, put the batter in the freezer for about 15 minutes. This will help the cookies stay plump instead of flat like pancakes.
- Form about 12 balls out of the batter. It will depend on how big you want your cookies. I like to use my ice cream scoop to get the right amount of cookie dough and then form the ball. Bake for about 12 minutes. This may vary from oven to oven. I like to see how brown the bottoms of the cookies are. If they are really dark I think the cookies are over cooked. I take the cookies out when the bottoms are just barely starting to brown.
- Cool before serving if you wish, but I love eating them while they are still warm with a big glass of milk. 🙂