I could not stop eating this stuff!!
First, pop your popcorn.
Then, make your caramel sauce: Salted butter, brown sugar, corn syrup and sea salt.
Melt it all down and let it boil for a few minutes.
Pour it over your popcorn and stir. Then, pop it in the oven for a half hour, stirring frequently. Also, sprinkle with a little more sea salt.
When it is done, let it cool slightly, but not all the way because it will all stick together and turn into one hard, flat, caramel popcorn sheet. I gradually took the popcorn off the tray as it cooled and put it into a bowl. I also continuously tossed the popcorn in the bowl as it cooled and this kept it from all sticking together.
Salted Caramel Popcorn Recipe
- 1/2 cup popcorn kernels
- 1 cup salted butter
- 1 cup light brown sugar
- 1/3 cup corn syrup
- 1 1/2-2 teaspoons sea salt
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees
- Line a large baking sheet with wax paper
- Pop kernels
- In sauce pan, over medium heat, combine butter, brown sugar, corn syrup and 1 teaspoon sea salt.
- Boil for 4 minutes without stirring.
- Pour over popcorn and stir. Then pour popcorn on baking sheet. Sprinkle with sea salt to your liking.
- Bake 30 minutes, stirring every ten minutes.
- Transfer to bowl as it cools.