First, peel, halve and seed your butternut squash.
Cut into 1/4 to 1/2 inch slices.
Arrange in a greased pan and brush with a butter and garlic mixture.
Sprinkle with more butter and garlic, salt and pepper, breadcrumbs and parmesan cheese. Then, put it in the oven. I packed mine really tight, but I think it would be better with less squash. Then the gratin would spread more evenly over everything.
Mmmm, scrumptious! Garnish with fresh parsley.
Parmesan Butternut Squash Gratin Recipe
- 1 butternut squash – peeled, halved and seeded
- 1/4 cup butter
- 2 large garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup panko bread crumbs
- 1/3 cup parmesan cheese
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 cup freshly chopped parsley
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Grease a 9×13 pan.
- Peel, halve and seed the squash. Cut into 1/4 to 1/2 inch pieces. Arrange slightly overlapping in pan.
- In sauce pan, over medium heat, melt butter. Switch to low heat, add garlic, cook 2 minutes and stir frequently.
- In bowl, mix breadcrumbs, cheese and 1 tablespoon of garlic butter mixture.
- Brush squash with remaining garlic butter mixture. Sprinkle squash with salt and pepper. Then sprinkle with the breadcrumb and cheese mixture.
- Bake 30-40 minutes.
- Increase temperature to 425 and cook an additional 5-10 minutes.
- Sprinkle with fresh parsley.