We had garlic burgers the other day with creamy farmer’s cheese, lettuce, tomato and mayo. We needed a fresh, light side to go with it. Green beans was the verdict.
- 3/4 to a pound of fresh green beans, stems snipped, washed
- 4 tablespoons feta cheese
- juice of half a lemon
- 2 teaspoons extra virgin olive oil (I used coconut oil – gives it a different taste, but still really good)
- salt and pepper to taste
- Put a 1/2 inch of water in a sauté pan and bring to a boil.
- Add beans and cover. Cook on medium high heat until tender with just a little bit of crunch.
- Drain the beans and return them to the pan. Add 2 tablespoons of olive oil and toss to coat.
- Plate the green beans and sprinkle with lemon juice, feta, salt and pepper.